Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Myspcae, Your Home For Karaoke?


In a move I can't say I saw coming, Myspace has launched a Beta version of a new service...Karaoke. This means that not only can you listen to thousands of terrible bands on myspace, but now you can also listen to people even worse belting it out to the likes of The Pussy Cat Doll's "Don't Cha." I can hardly wait.

With the new ability to sing Karaoke, users can record themselves singing one of the many songs that myspace has on it's platform. Said users can then upload it onto the myspace karaoke section where other users can listen to them and vote on them, rating the songs on a 10 star rating and even allowing you to leave feadback.

I suppose this could be pretty fun to compete with your friends, but I'd personally rather compete in Rockband or, say, in a real band, but maybe that's just me. It is definitely something people seem to be visiting and using, so who knows, maybe this could be the next big thing for myspace that sets it apart from facebook...but probably not.

More on Myspace Karaoke:
Myspace Karaoke Goes Live

No comments: